To fulfill your order, you must provide certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information and the details of the product you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide additional personal information (eg a gift message or other special requests about your order).
Why Your Information is Required and How It’s Used
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide services, such as when we use your information to fulfill your order, settle disputes or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. Certain trusted third parties are engaged to perform functions and provide services to the shop, such as delivery companies. Your personal information will be shared with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge the business, your information may be disclosed as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on services that are GDPR compliant as the legal basis for the transfer.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. These rights are described below:
- You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information held about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict the use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (such as when data must be stored for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- You can object to (i) us processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, Amy Crabtree is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, contact us via the form on the Contact page.